Thursday, February 5, 2009

Feb workout w/ the legend Boyd Epley

Well, I am just comming off of my best 3 - lift max out in my life. I know I'm done with football, what am I doing!? I'm attributing it to high volume training, but that is a topic for a different blog.

Here are my current stats:

Body weight: 205
Bench Press: 300
Hang Clean: 310
Dead Lift: 510

Quickly, I would just like to share with you what I will be doing for February. So here is the basics of it, I will be trying to keep it to 45 min each session. May throw in a Kettlebell day on Saturday, I just got mine from Lifelineusa. I normally wouldn't do the spinning, but it's a part of my job requirements. I got this workout from Boyd Epley at a conference last spring. This was his template for the first four weeks of training his football athletes at Nebraska. It is pretty cool because it alternates explosive movements with pure strength movements and also alternates heavy/light days during the week. I think this will be good to keep my base strength as solid as possible going into the Velocity month.

Monday: Warm Up - Explosive: 3x5 - DB Rows - Squat Jumps
Tuesday: Warm Up - Strength: 3x10 - Abdominal work
Wednesday: OFF - Spinning
Thursday: Warm Up - Explosive: 3x5 - Plank Row - Windmill
Friday: Warm Up - Strength: 3x5 - Abdominal work - Spinning

Explosive Lifts include: Hang Clean, Hang Clean High Pull, Push-Press

Strength Lifts include: Squat, Bench Press, Dead Lift

“For an athlete, there is NO SUBSTITUTE for the squat!” - Boyd Epley

No comments:

Post a Comment