Monday, March 23, 2009

One Week To Go

Alright, down to the home stretch. I am definitely noticing some major changes in my physique. It is encouraging and keeping me honest and on track, even though I've been tempted multiple times the past three weeks. I've managed to stay fairly strict, only having the shakes, a few nuts, and a pickle from time to time. Look for "After" pictures next week.

I went shopping at the Mall of America on Saturday with Kasey. I treated myself to some great new wardrobe options, picking up three new shorts, two new jeans, long sleeve and short sleeve shirts, and also some new flipflops for the summer. I'm excited because all of my pants are a bit smaller in the waist, and my shirts are fitting better because I no longer possess moobs. (man boobs) The last thing I'll need to pick up for summer are some board shorts, hoping to spend a lot of time wakeboarding and just on the lake in general this summer.

Saturday evening I helped Kasey make dinner again. This time we made roasted vegetables and ginger chicken. She made an amazing appetizer too, Lettuce wraps with cilantro mayo, turkey, peppers, and onions, I put some colby jack on there too :)


Appetizer:

1 cup fresh cilantro
1 cup mayo
pinch salt
1 tablespoon soy sauce
splash of lime juice
red peppers - julienne
green onion - chopped
fresh cheese (optional)

Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender and blend until mixture is smooth. Spread on large lettuce leaves and top with turkey, red peppers, onions, cheese.


Chicken:

3 chicken breasts
3/4 small ginger root - minced

2 cloves garlic - pressed
lemon juice
salt
pepper

Cover chicken with ingredients and let marinate for at least 30 min. spray frying pan with non-stick spray and pan fry on med-high heat for 10-15 min

Roasted Vegetables:

1 small zucchini
2 small summer squash
1 red pepper
1 red onion
1 bundle asparagus
3 heads broccoli
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Dice all vegetables, and place in a pre-sprayed baking pan. Add olive oil evenly across pan. season generously with salt and pepper. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 45min or until all vegetables are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment