Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

So we're 1/4 of the way done. The week seemed pretty long compared to weeks past. I think the change in routine definitly threw me off. I test drove a truck on Friday afternoon, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it without a steady job this summer. It's alright though, I'm planning on getting a new puppy when I move home, if I can convince the rents. I went to the Watchmen on Friday night, completely different than what I expected, but overall I thought it was a pretty good movie I'll give it a 7.9 - 10. Having the opportunity to eat on Saturday was amazing. Grilled salmon, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach salad were all amazing. Saturday night I went to a musical in downtown Minneapolis, my friend Laura was the lead in the performance. She did great as well as the rest of the cast. It was nice to catch up with a few friends from Gustavus, we went for drinks and appitizers after the show. I wasn't even tempted to give in even though chicken wings and casadillas were all around me, I just enjoyed my diet coke. Anyway, here is Friday's workout and the recipie from Saturday. (Kasey made the spinach salad so I'll have to ask her about that secret, it was good though) Enjoy!

Friday's Workout

Rest 45 seconds between sets

Deadlift - 5 x 5
Nutral Grip Dumbbell Press - 5 x 5
Step Ups - 5 x 5
Turkish Get Ups - 3 x 5
Weighted Push Ups - 5 x 5

Marinade for Salmon
Marinates 2 1/2 lb. fillets ~4 hours

Macadamian Nut Oil - 1/4 cup
Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
Lemon Zest
1 Tbls. Dill
1 Tbls. McCormik's Salmon Seasoning
1/4 cup Raspberry Vinegarette(optional)


Asparagus
3 Tbls oil
One bunch of fresh organic asparagus
Salt n' Pepper to taste
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Garlic salt to taste (optional)

Cauliflower
1 head fresh cauliflower
2 Tbls real butter
salt n' pepper to tast
Juice of 1/2 a lemon

Grill Salmon on aluminum foil for ~15 min on medium-high heat(gas) or directly over heat (charcole). Pan fry asparagus on medium-high until al dent. Add lemon juice and other seasonings. Boil cauliflower until soft, and drain water. Then add butter and salt and pepper. Serve with remaining lemon wedges and Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment