Saturday, September 25, 2010

Guac, Margs, and Football

Sundays at my house consist of a few weekly rituals. Important things help that clear my mind, calm my nerves, and enjoy the upcoming week. First, grocery shopping. Going to the grocery store is my opportunity to dream up something new to cook, tackle a new culinary skill, and stop at one of my favorite stores, the meat market! Second, editing my fantasy football lineup. I obsess over this most of the week, sorry I just love it. It also gives me a reason to watch every single game on Sunday afternoon, score! Third, baking or cooking homemade snacks.


Football is even better when enjoyed with some cold drinks and goodies to munch on while your favorite team marches up and down the field. This past weekend I made some homemade guac. I recommend some fresh margaritas to go along with this Sunday favorite!



Guacamole:

2 Ripe avocados
1 small tomato
1/2 red onion
3 jalapeno peppers
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. Cumin
Crushed red pepper

Open avocados, discard the pit, and scoop into a bowl. Take a fork and mash it until it is the desired creaminess in texture. Dice the fresh tomato and onion add to avocado. Cut open jalapeno and remove the seeds, dice and add to the mixture. Add the garlic and Cumin. Finish with just a pinch of crushed red pepper. Adjust the spices if needed and serve with ice cold margs and fresh chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment