Here is a list of 10 things I've incorporated into my daily routine that has helped me feel great, stay positive, and enjoy life! Let me know if you have others that help you?
31 Fitness Tips for Weight Management
1. Eat Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day. It wakes up your system, promotes metabolism, and supplies you with energy to be productive. Try to incorporate a protein, complex carbohydrate, fruit or vegetable and healthy fat source. However, the old adage, “something is better than nothing,” applies here.
2. Eat Every Two – Four Hours: Smaller meals/snacks consumed throughout the day promote a more efficient use of calories and nutrients. Try to include a protein and healthy fat source with each meal or snack.
3. Drink Water: Water is vital for every process in the human body. Our body runs most effectively when we are well hydrated, get at least 64oz. of water daily.
4. Limit Calorie Consumption Through Beverages: Non-calorie beverages should be your main choice. Monitor portions of calorie containing beverages such as juice, milk, and soda.
5. Consume Quick-Carbs Early In The day Or After Exercise/Activity: This includes most snack foods, breads, cereal grains, desserts, and sugary drinks or juice. Our Body is in a good position to use this fast source of energy. It will aid in the recovery process by repairing any muscle or tissue damage.
6. Fruits and Vegetables: Try to get 10 servings combined throughout the day. Fruits and vegetables are natures’ pharmacy. The nutrients you will get from them are vital to living long, happy, lives. If you’re not a regular consumer of these foods, start out with a smaller goal and try to get 5 combined.
7. Make Meals Social: Meals were meant to be shared. Our bodies tell us to stop eating about 20 – 30 minutes after the first bite. Conversing during eating can help us curb overeating and greater enjoyment out of our meal.
8. If It Runs, Swims, Or Flies; Eat It: All of your main meals should be planned around this concept. If you’re an omnivore, make sure to include plenty of quality protein in your diet from various animal sources. If you’re a vegetarian, make sure you meet your protein quota through quality plant sources.
9. Exercise Regularly: It is important to get at least 5 hours of planned exercise per week. It doesn’t all have to be intense, but it is important to challenge yourself for at least half of the time.
10. Cheat 15% Of The Time: When was the last time you followed the rules of your diet 100% of the time? Don’t beat yourself up if you want to have a weekend out with friends or just need to grab something on the go. The main thing is to realize that it was a mistake, take responsibility, and get back on track.